Roasted Broccoli Chips
If you buy your broccoli in full heads like I do (hint: its much cheaper than pre-cut florets!) – DON’T throw away the stems! They may look inedible but they are secretly scrumptious! My favorite way to prep broccoli is by roasting it in the oven – turns out, if you chop the stems into chips and roast them with the florets, they take on an awesome crunchy texture much like, well, chips! Here’s a simple snack that satiates my cravings for late night savory munchies like popcorn or chips:
ROASTED BROCCOLI CHIPS
1-2 heads of broccoli
salt & pepper to taste
1 TB fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees
2. CHOP broccoli stems into 1/2″ thick chips (try to keep them all the same size so they cook evenly). Chop the florets too and arrange all on a baking sheet.
3. DRIZZLE lightly with olive oil and sprinkle salt & pepper.
4. ROAST in oven for 20 minutes (keep an eye on them and adjust time according to your preferred crispiness).
5. GRATE Parmesan cheese over the top. I love the nutty flavor of the 2 combined.